Parc at Duluth
Frequently Asked Questions
Informative and Useful. Friendly and Encouraging.
Independent Living FAQ's
- What is the difference between Independent Living and Assisted Lifestyle?
Independent Living at Parc at Duluth provides active, retirement-age adults with an engaging, independent lifestyle. Parc at Duluth offers hospitality-oriented retirement living, providing residents with exceptional service, style, friendships and fun. Families enjoy the comfort of knowing their family members are secure and well cared for in their own fully-appointed apartment homes. Assisted Lifestyle at Parc at Duluth offers a comprehensive level of licensed care for residents who need assistance with activities of daily living. Parc at Duluth's Assisted Lifestyle offers supportive care thoughtfully tailored to meet the specific needs of each resident.
- What does full-service Independent Living mean?
- At Parc at Duluth, your lifestyle essentials are covered in your monthly service fee, including your apartment home, daily fine dining, dedicated concierge, social activities and events, fitness and wellness programs, educational and recreational activities, housekeeping, maintenance, scheduled transportation, most utilities and the 24/7 support of Parc's exceptional staff. There are no additional association fees or common area assessments, and tipping of our community staff is strictly prohibited.
- Why is Independent Living at Parc at Duluth a better option than staying in my home?
As we get older and our mobility decreases, seclusion can become a problem. Isolation is proven to have an adverse effect on one's health. It becomes more difficult to stay connected with friends and family. Our social lives, intellectual pursuits, diet and wellness can begin to suffer. Simultaneously, our worries about day-to-day home maintenance, safety and health tend to increase. Suddenly, we realize we aren’t enjoying life the way we should. Parc at Duluth provides the opportunity to recapture the excitement of life. It is a community where you will live securely among friends in the comfort and stability of a lifestyle choice that is a true economic value. Review our Value Comparison Worksheet to better appreciate the value the Parc lifestyle can provide.
- What makes Parc at Duluth so different from other senior living options in the area?
- While we are proud of the beautiful Parc at Duluth community, our spacious apartment homes and our excellent food, it is our people that distinguish Parc from other senior living communities. Parc Communities operate upon the premise of "ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen." These service standards were developed for Parc Communities by Horste Schulze, the former president of Ritz-Carlton Hotels. Indeed, every attentive, responsive and friendly member of Parc at Duluth's staff is trained to uphold this exceptional standard of excellence.
- What are the benefits of living at Parc Communities?
- Engaging friends and neighbors... Exciting social activities... Stimulating intellectual pursuits... Beautiful surroundings... Delicious food... Quality entertainment... Improved wellness... Greater independence... Less worry... Higher quality of life... Comfort and security... Laughter and fun!
- What type of dining options do you offer at Parc Communities?
- Parc at Duluth offers casually elegant, restaurant-style dining that emphasizes quality and service. Parc residents savor delicious menu choices and fresh daily specials prepared by the Executive Chef, while enjoying the convenience of flexible dining times.
- How much is the buy-in at Parc at Duluth?
- No buy-in is required to live at Parc at Duluth.
- How long is the lease term?
- Leases are written for one-year terms that are renewable annually. The resident-friendly Parc at Duluth lease agreement provides residents with flexibility and stability. And, because residents are not required to buy-in, they are secure in the knowledge that they control their financial future.
- How much will my monthly service fee increase each year?
- There is no set service fee increase. Parc at Duluth typically increases service fees on an annual basis in order to offset operating costs and to maintain the exceptional level of service that our residents expect.
- Can I bring my own furnishings?
- Yes! Your new apartment home is designed to accommodate your most cherished furnishings and possessions. In addition, our experts are happy to assist you with the process of downsizing and moving.
- Do you allow pets?
- Yes. We happily welcome your appropriately-behaved pet.
- What is ParcCare?
- ParcCare is the exclusive home care service offered to Parc at Duluth's independant residents. From a-la-carte assistance to full-time care, ParcCare offers compassionate homecare services designed to enrich resident's lives within the comfort of their apartment homes by offering a myriad of services tailored to their individual needs and desires.
- When is the right time to move to an Independent Living community?
- Each person's situation is different. The decision to move into Parc at Duluth depends upon you and your family. We have counseled with hundreds of families. We can help you assess your particular circumstances and understand what options might be right for you and your family. Consistently we know two things to be true: 1) your quality of life will improve at Parc at Duluth, and 2) residents invariably tell us they wish they hadn't waited as long to make the decision to move to here.
- Who is Parc Communities?
- Privately-held Parc Communities was founded in 2000 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. Parc owns and operates the Southeast's premier independent and assisted living retirement communities. Situated in metro Atlanta's finest neighborhoods, residents of Parc at Duluth and Parc at Piedmont enjoy the highest standards of service and care while maintaining their financial independence free of the large, upfront buy-in requirements typical of many other senior living communities.
- How do I know if my mother or father needs Assisted Lifestyle?
- If your mother or father needs frequent assistance with ADLs (activities of daily living) and requires watchful oversight, Parc at Duluth's Assisted Lifestyle is probably appropriate for them. The professional staff at Parc at Duluth can help make the appropriate determination for your loved one.
- Will Parc at Duluth accept long term care insurance for Assisted Lifestyle?
- Typically, yes. Parc Communities’ Assisted Lifestyle is licensed by the state, a requirement of almost all Long Term Care Insurance companies. Benefits will be based upon the terms of your specific LTC policy. Check with your insurance provider to verify requirements and benefits specific to your policy.
- Do you accept VA Benefits?
- Many of our residents do receive VA benefits; however, there are specific requirements that must be met prior to receiving such benefits. The Veterans Administration can provide you with specific information regarding benefits. Our staff can also provide resources that may be helpful to you.
- Do you have nurses on staff?
- Yes, we have nurses on staff at Parc at Duluth 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- What is included in the Assisted Lifestyle monthly service fee?
- All standard Assisted Lifestyle services and amenities are included in your monthly service fee at Parc at Duluth. Our all-inclusive fee structure is extremely popular with our residents and their families.
- Will you help with bathing and dressing?
- We assist with all activities of daily living (ADLs). When your mother or father moves in we will complete an assessment in order to determine exactly what services they may require. Our professional staff will incorporate those needs into their individualized service plan, which will be updated regularly.
- What if my parents' needs change?
- As we see a change in condition, or after an extended stay out of the community (e.g., for a rehabilitation or hospital stay) we will consult with your family in order to ensure that your mother or father is receiving the most appropriate level of care.
Contact us and Visit TODAY! Call 770.622.6880 to schedule your complimentary lunch and personal tour.